*MEETING BETWEEN THE CONFERENCE LEADERSHIP, NGF AND THE PASAN*
1. Conference was represented by the Chairman (Speaker Oyo State), immediate past Chairman (Speaker Bauchi State), Vice Chairman North East (Speaker Gombe State). The meeting was engaging and productive.
2. *The requests made by the Conference are:*
i.. Compliance with the provisions of the Constitution as amended. In other words, full implementation of the Financial Autonomy (FA).
ii. Provision for CONLESS should be made in the budget estimates now for full implementation in the year 2024
iii. Joint Committee of Governors and Speakers be set up for further engagements on the implementation of FA as enshrined in the Constitution
iv. Commitment from the Governors for implementation of both the FA and CONLESS
*Response by the NGF*
1. Implementation of FA is not negotiable. However, PASAN and Conference of Speakers should kindly exercise more patience for effective implementation;
2. All the issues raised will constitute major items on NGF’s agenda in its meeting scheduled for Wednesday 15th November
3. In the meantime, the Chairman NGF appealed that PASAN should call off its strike in the interest of the nation
*Appeal by the Conference Delegates*
The Delegates of the Conference of Speakers also appealed to the PASAN to call off the Strike immediately
*POSSIBLE CALL OFF*
PASAN, in response, assured both the NGF and Conference Delegates that it will call an emergency national working committee meeting tonight, after which the Union national leadership will likely call off the strike.
Rt. Hon. Adebo Ogundoyin
Chairman Conference Of Speakers.